Wow, can't believe its been a month since the last post! I've been home for almost a week, but we're just about to leave for the airport again.
Not too much to say about the rest of my time in Korea. I spent it working. Then we had the exercise. Then I left.
Back home we spent 1.5 days in Maine (and about 10 hours driving up and back). We had lobster dinner in the remodeled summer house. Katie had fun dropping the live lobsters into the boiling water. I'd like to comment on the obvious conflict with her vegetarian tendencies, but I won't :)
Now I'm out the door to Sacramento and then San Diego. I officially start mobilizing tomorrow, then turnover my Reserve unit on Saturday and Sunday. Sunday night I should be heading down to San Diego to finish mobilizing (its a long process) and then head over to Maritime Expeditionary Security Squadron One.
Spoke with one of the other officers going on this deployment. He says we should be staying in the Bachelors Quarters (the 'Q') at Naval Amphibious Base Coronado. I've spent some time there before when I was on orders with Surface Forces Pacific. It's right down the road from downtown Coronado and Naval Air Station North Island.
That's it for now, gotta roll!
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment