Thursday, September 11, 2008

MOB Day #8 - Graduation Day


Today I reported at 0730 for medical. Even though I only had a couple things to do at medical, it still took all morning and a good part of the afternoon. But things finally picked up and suddenly I found myself with my check-out sheet all signed off and the green light to depart. So in a sense, today was graduation day. I shouldn't be back at NMPS in San Diego for one year.

Right after lunch we finally had our first group huddle. The Deputy went over some of the highlights for the schedule of events and the Commodore gave us his thoughts. Of note, we start our daily PT sessions tomorrow morning at 0600. And we start our weekly schedule this Sunday afternoon at 1300. We will be working half day on Sundays with Fridays set aside for personnal admin.

So we headed off to MSRON 1 headquarters at NOLF Imperial Beach. Imperial Beach, or IB, is down at the bottom of the San Diego Bay. NOLF IB is basically a gigantic cement slab used for helicopter landing practice. Arranged around the gigantic cement slab is several buildings and hangers housing Maritime Expeditionary Security Group One, Squadron One, Squadron Five, and some other MESF divisions and dets.

I got a tour of the spaces, met some of the FTS personnel, and began my check in.

In the evening a few of us went out for pizza in Coronado.

Acronym Moment:
  • NOLF = Navy Outlying Field
  • FTS = Full Time Support (e.g. active duty)

No comments: