The room here is similar to what I had in Japan. Namely, it's an efficiency. Other than wishing the frig wasn't down low and hard to get into (because the door opens the wrong way) it's pretty comfy. Good water pressure and shower head, always top of my personal priority list. The TV looks like it was made in the 1970s, but there's a DVD player. The bed is this real lumpy thing, but I slept pretty well. And I managed to make my first pot of coffee.
And then there's the view. My room faces San Diego Bay, meaning I can see San Diego, Coronado, the bridge, and the Naval Station.
I should mention this is exactly the same view I had on 9/11, while on my first-ever set of ADT orders. This was the summer before I moved to Park City, UT. I was working here at COMNAVSURFPAC, right across the parking lot. I awoke to all the reports and coverage of what was happening in New York, D.C., and Pennsylvania. Thinking it might not be such a great idea to be in a high rise on a U.S. Navy base, I got dressed and went in to work. Because of the security measures it took forever for people commuting across the Bay Bridge to arrive. When they did, we promptly went to work recalling almost all the CNSP Reservists to help with security and force protection here on NAB Coronado.
Anyways, today was laundry day, haircut day, etc. I made another trip to the Exchange to drop off some dry cleaning, get a haircut, and buy some new running shoes. I also had to finish up some Reserve paperwork from Det. C, and got started on this week's homework.
Back to the 'process' tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment