Monday, December 22, 2008

Home Sweet Home

by Katie

Congrats to the Giants and the Titans for clinching the No. 1 seed in the conference and home-field advantage in the playoffs! Now good luck in fulfilling those expectations of being the best team in the NFL....what?!!

When I knew that my G-men had a chance to secure home-field advantage tonight, I put my research-thinking-cap on and decided to figure out if that would actually be a helpful thing in the playoffs. So I looked at the playoff results of all the No. 1 seeds since 1975 and found some interesting trends. But you'll have to read my article on espn.com to see what they are! Here's the link and enjoy: http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcsouth/0-6-165/How-much-does-the-home-field-mean-.html

UPDATE: Even better...John Clayton, the lead NFL columnist on espn.com, also started off his Sunday night column with some facts that should sound familiar. Click on this link and scroll down below the picture to the first article and start reading: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/notebook?page=lastcall08/week16

No comments: