Monday, January 1, 2007

First Tracks!

Translation = First Post!

For those unfamiliar to blogging, welcome to the Internet 2.0, or the social and interactive internet.

Katie and I had the idea to start our own blog so we could record our adventures and share them with our family and friends.

I'm writing this on December 15th, after a full day of writing (and stuffing, stamping, and licking) over a hundred thank you's and holiday cards. Many in my family use the holiday card as the opportune time to update everyone on the past year with a letter.

So we're taking the conservation high-road :) Save a tree, use the Internet! Obviously, I'm saying that a little tongue-in-cheek since we just sent hundreds of card stock on their way all around the country.

But we are turning to the Internet to share both our holiday message, and those throughout the year.

You'll notice the date on this post is February 23rd. That's the day we got engaged on the top of The Canyons in Park City. With this blog, you can change the date of the posts. So we'll go back and relive the past year with key dates. Then we'll have a Holiday "super post" to summarize the year.

Of course, by the power of the Internet, we'll include photos and videos and links to other posts.

We encourage our friends to "comment" on our posts. We're not concerned about search engine optimization (basically the web version of a popularity contest) here. I run the blog for my company and Katie has plenty of experience there, too. We just want to hear from friends. So I opened up the comments to anyone who finds our blog. Hopefully that will be just friends and family. I turned off a couple of features to keep this blog relatively "unpopular" in the eyes of the web. And for those of you more e-savvy types, I turned on comment moderation. That means I have to approve the comments after you submit them. But I'm online all day most days so that should happen rather quickly.

So sit back and enjoy our Life 2.0!

No comments: